Users who have the necessary publish rights to a specific Youtube account in VSocial will be able to post videos, both in real time, and also scheduled at a later date.
To get started, after logging in, click on the "Publisher" tab followed by the "Composer" sub-tab.
The following page will be displayed, with a list of workflow(s) at the bottom of the page. You are required to select a workflow containing the relevant social channels that you are intending to create content for.
Selecting a workflow will immediately lead you to the Composer page.
Composer layout for Youtube
1. The left column of the Composer page is where you manage the social channels you will be making content updates to. Select the Youtube account that you wish to upload a video to.
2. Give your video a title.
3. In no more than 5000 characters, provide a description of your video in the description box.
4. Click "Browse" to select the video that you wish to upload.
Note: You may upload video files up to 2GB. Make sure that your video is saved in one of the following formats:
On successful upload, you will see a notification at the top of the page.
5. You have the option of adding a custom thumbnail to your video. Click "Browse" to select a thumbnail that you would like to upload.
Note: Your thumbnail should...
- Have a resolution of 1280x720 (with minimum width of 640 pixels).
- Be uploaded in image formats such as .JPG, .GIF, .BMP, or .PNG.
- Remain under the 2MB limit.
A successful upload will look like this.
Scheduling a Post
By default, the ''Publish when approved'' option will be checked. Note that when this option is selected, the post will be published as soon as final approval is obtained. (That means if the final approver approves of the post at 2am, it will go live at 2am, which may not be ideal.)
Should you wish to schedule the post for later, the "Later'' check box has to be selected and date and time options will appear.
Clicking on the calendar text area will open a date picker control where you can select the date that you wish to publish the post. Beside it are 2 drop down boxes where the publish time can be set.
Next, proceed to choose your Privacy Settings and assign your video to a relevant Category and Playlist by clicking on the respective drop down boxes. Finally, add the right tags to boost views on your Youtube video.
You may wish to see a preview of how the post will turn out on the actual Youtube channel by clicking on the "Preview'' button.
Submitting for approval
Once the post is ready to be submitted for approval or real time publishing (in the case when approval levels are set to auto-approve), you may click on the "Save" button before the "Submit'' button right below it is clickable.